February 21, 2009

How to Design a Dramatic Winged Dragon with Gimp

Let's create a fantasy image with the Gimp. In this tutorial, we will be taking a picture of a baby iguana and another picture of a bat and we will combine them to be a full-fledged dragon. This tutorial is based off of a Photoshop tutorial from PSDTuts by Alvaro Guzman. I've made another tutorial before like this one, but for some odd reason it disappeared off the face of the earth and I haven't been able to find it. Anyway, let's get started!

Here is what we will be making. You can click it to view it full size.


Download the PDF Version!
Don't have a PDF reader? Get Foxit Reader!

Download the sources!

This tutorial was made exclusively for the Gimp-Tutorials.net website and can be completed there. Enjoy!
http://gimp-tutorials.net/Dramatic-Winged-Dragon-tutorial 

 Note, I realize that the PDF file is a whopping 93 megs, but don't worry. I will reupload it compressed pretty soon. My other PDFs will be compressed as well. 

4 comments:

  1. You always impress me.

    Andrew (Ang Pilipino GIMP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your contact page doesnt seem to work.......!
    anyway this is what I wanted to say...

    This is not a question... just a THANKYOU for the amazing amount of info on your blog.
    Have always seen you user name all over the internet with regards to GIMP but it never struck me that you are just 17 and a girl...

    So, basically that is it... was quite intrigued by you. I for one am completely an amateur hoping make a living out of anything artistic, graphic and digital. I have no formal education in these matters. So, people like you just make life sweeter when it comes to learning these softwares.. :)

    Thankyou...

    ps: The right side of contact page didn't seem to load as well. Wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    Nice tutorial! I have my own dragon :D

    http://imgur.com/s3Sku

    Thanks a lot.

    Mauricio

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment or just wanna say what's up? Go ahead!

Search