The interface is a little different, "a refreshed look."
Brushes are now scalable. I look forward to that one.
The selection tools have been completely rebuilt, allowing you to resize existing selections, and more. There is a new foreground select tool. It is used in two steps: 1) You select a region of interest that contains the entire object, then 2) you paint over the selected area with a brush, not crossing the object's border. Yeah, that description confuses me, too. Don't blame me, I got it from their release notes. There's a video tutorial you can watch, too, about this tool (Just click on the release notes link above).
Easier alignment is now possible with a new alignment tool, improved display when zooming in or out, and support for new file formats like:
- Photoshop ABR Brushes (I LOVE this one!)
- Improved reading/writing EXIF in JPEG
- Importing clipping paths in TIFF
- Layer masks can be saved to PSD (nice)
- 16/32 bit bitmaps alpha-channel support in BMP
- 24 bit and Vista icons can be opened and saved (schweet)
I'll be trying these out soon. Link.